Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the process of making a calendar

Christmas is such a wonderful Roman festival or the winter solstice.


In this assignment , my task is to create a calendar based on the season like Hari Raya , Deepavali and many more . So , I’ve chosen Christmas day. I need to design a calendar based on the month the festival fall into.
I’ve designed a calendar with a blue colour background. I chose blue colour because seems that every Christmas there’s snow. Snow define Christmas. There’s are some snowflakes I’ve put into my calendar because want to show people that Christmas is very a shiny day like a snowflakes.
The colour of the font I’ve choosen a red in colour because I think it is a suitable colour to get attention from the other people. Furthermore , Christmas tree is one of the most popular traditions associated with the celebration of Christmas. Normally , an evergreen coniferous tree that is brought into a home or used in the open , a Christmas ornaments during the days around Christmas . That is the reason why I put the Christmas tree in my calendar.


calendar making process

for this assignment , i can only use adobe illustrator. these are the steps of making this calendar ;)

Photobucket

1.Firstly , i insert the rectangle shape and coloured it with a blue colour.

Photobucket

2.for the dates and days, i made them by using the type tool. then, i aligned them by rows and lines so that it looks neat and arranged. i also highlighted the day/date of Christmas, which is on the 25th December, so that it is easier for the people to know when is the day of the celebration.

Photobucket

3.Lastly , after searching the best picture of a Christmas tree , i did some editing so that its look nicer. Then i placed it at a proper place.

1 comment: